Compassionate Representation in Personal Injury Cases
All of our attorneys and staff members are natives of the great state of Florida.
It is our pleasure to serve this great state and we strive to provide each and every client with the legal representation that they deserve.
What Our Clients Say About Our Services
Nicoletti Accident Injury Lawyers strives to provide each client with diligent representation combined with aggressive advocacy.
How Our Port Richey Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help You
No one ever plans to get into an accident. Yet, every year millions of people suffer injury in a variety of accidents that are not their fault. These accidents cause significant injury and damages that can turn an accident survivor’s life upside down. In a fraction of a second, you may find yourself facing a lifetime of disability, pain, and suffering.
Even worse, you may find that insurance companies are cold and unhelpful during your time of need. Their main goal is to pay you as little as possible and reduce their liabilities. To do this, they may offer you a quick and easy settlement and pressure you into signing. Never sign anything without first speaking to an experienced Port Richey personal injury lawyer at Nicoletti Accident Injury Lawyers.
If you suffered an injury in an accident in Port Richey, we want to help you recover compensation for your medical bills and more. At Nicoletti Accident Injury Lawyers, we offer free initial case evaluations. We want to meet with you to discuss your case and how we can help.
To learn more about your rights after an accident, contact our experienced Port Richey personal injury attorneys.
Why Choose Nicoletti Accident Injury Lawyers for Your Port Richey Personal Injury Claim
At Nicoletti Accident Injury Lawyers, our dedicated personal injury lawyers know the tactics insurance companies use and we use this knowledge to better serve our injured clients. We fight aggressively to ensure that accident survivors in Port Richey have the money they need to put their lives back together. From car accidents to slip and fall accidents, we are here to help.
When we accept your case, we work hard to support you after your accident. This means taking the time to get to know you and your injuries. We want to know how your accident affected your life and how we can help you best. We then use our knowledge and experience to build a strong and solid case to maximize the compensation you receive for your injuries.
Our track record of success speaks for itself. Here are just a few of the injured Port Richey accident survivors we helped.
- $3.68 million for a truck accident resulting in back surgeries
- $3.3 million for a truck accident resulting in orthopedic fractures
- $2 million for a rear-end car accident that resulted in surgery and RSD
- $1.7 million for a car accident resulting in mild traumatic brain injury
- $1 million for a car accident resulting in brain injury and bad faith.
While past results do now guarantee future success, you can rest assured you have chosen a law firm that understands how to win. When you use Nicoletti Accident Injury Lawyers, you send a clear message to the insurance companies that you are not going to settle for less than you deserve.
If you suffered an injury in Port Richey or anywhere in the state of Florida, we can help. Our experienced and compassionate Port Richey personal injury lawyers are ready to assist you after a devastating injury accident. We have a long history of helping injured accident survivors get the money they need to put their lives back together again.
Call us at (727) 845-5972 or fill out our confidential contact form for a free consultation. We are here to help you through this difficult time. Call us today.
Types of Port Richey Injury Accidents We Handle
An accident can occur to anyone and at any time – especially in Florida. In fact, Florida is the third most dangerous state in America. These accidents can result in significant losses and damages. We know that no amount of compensation could ever right the wrongs you suffered.
However, we do not believe that you should suffer financially because of another person’s mistakes. We take this seriously because we know that it’s your life—and your future. We don’t back down when insurance companies want you to settle for less because we know that you often deserve more.
At Nicoletti Accident Injury Lawyers, we help individuals who suffered an injury in many different types of accidents, and we have a dedicated team of legal professionals who provide unmatched service in the following practice areas:
- Port Richey Bicycle Accident Attorneys
- Port Richey Boat Accident Lawyer
- Port Richey Burn Injury Lawyer
- Port Richey Bus Accident Lawyer
- Port Richey Car Accident Lawyers
- Port Richey Catastrophic Injury Attorney
- Port Richey Child Injury Attorneys
- Port Richey Dog Bite Lawyers
- Port Richey Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys
- Port Richey Mass Tort Lawyers
- Port Richey Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Port Richey Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Port Richey Personal Injury Lawyer
- Port Richey Premises Liability Attorneys
- Port Richey Slip and Fall Attorneys
- Port Richey Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
- Port Richey Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
- Port Richey Truck Accident Lawyer
- Port Richey Uber Accident Lawyer
- Port Richey Wrongful Death Lawyer
We also handle insurance bad faith claims and other types of claims. Even if you don’t see the particular type of accident that caused you injuries, you can still contact our law firm for a free consultation to determine whether you have a valid Port Richey injury claim.
Port Richey Accident Statistics
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), Pasco County and the Port Richey area reported 7,327 traffic accidents in a recent year that resulted in 6,363 injuries and 107 fatalities. Speeding, alcohol impairment, and lack of seatbelt use were all cited as major contributors to causing accidents and serious or fatal injuries.
Other personal injury statistics for Florida in general include:
- Automobile accidents. More than 403,000 car accidents take place every year in the state of Florida. These result in more than 250,000 injuries and 3,100 deaths. Of those, hit and run accidents account for 103,000 injuries. Injured automobile accident victims need extensive compensation to help offset the costs of their accident.
- Bicycle accidents. Florida is the most dangerous state for cyclists according to studies and reports. According to the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Department, an estimated 6,500 bicycle accidents occur every year. Distracted drivers, drunk drivers, and fatigued drivers often run into cyclists on the road. These accidents result in horrific injuries and deaths. In recent years, more than 780 cyclists lost their lives in bicycling accidents in Florida.
- Motorcycle accidents. Data from the NHTSA shows that Florida is one of the most dangerous states to ride a motorcycle. An estimated 600 motorcyclists lose their lives in tragic motorcycle accidents every year in the Sunshine State. Safety experts believe that Florida’s lack of a universal helmet law contributes to a greater fatality rate.
- Truck accidents. Florida is one of the top ten most deadly states for truck accidents. In recent years, more than 41,000 truck accidents occurred, causing 7300 injuries and more than 275 fatalities. I-75, in particular, is a deadly Florida highway and the site of numerous trucking fatalities and injuries.
- Boat accidents. Florida leads the nation in the number of registered recreational boats. As a result, more than 600 boat accidents occur in Florida every year according to the Coast Guard. Here, more than 50 people lose their lives and an additional 300 suffer injuries in boating accidents off the coast or in one of the many lakes across the state.
- Bus accidents. Florida’s buses and commuter rails serve more than 16 million residents across the state. These buses transport people around town and more than 57 percent of Florida’s population lives within one half-mile of an urban route. These buses frequently result in serious injury and death to passengers, as well as cyclists and pedestrians that share the road.
- Slip and fall accidents. According to the CDC, unintentional falls account for more than 19,000 deaths every year in the United States and thousands of other injuries. Thirty percent of all slip and fall accident survivors suffer moderate to severe injuries, such as brain injuries and fractures.
Common Types of Personal Injuries in Port Richey
People can suffer a broad range of injuries in Port Richey accidents. The types and severity depend on the nature of the accident, the overall health and age of the victim, and other factors. Some of the common types of injuries we help clients recover compensation for at Nicoletti Accident Injury Lawyers include:
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Damage to internal organs
- Soft tissue injuries
- Wrongful death
No matter how serious your injuries following a Port Richey accident, you should still get a medical evaluation as soon as possible. Some injuries may not manifest symptoms right away, and you want to ensure there are no underlying issues that could cause serious problems later. Additionally, you will need proof you suffered an injury and received treatment to file an injury claim or lawsuit.
How Long Do I Have to File a Port Richey Personal Injury Claim?
Under Florida law, you have two years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury claim. This includes wrongful death and medical malpractice. That said, bring your claim as soon as possible, as waiting can result in the destruction or loss of evidence critical to your case. Once a claim is filed, parties are required to preserve evidence related to the case, and your lawyer can use a process known as discovery to obtain evidence on your behalf.
How Much Is My Port Richey Personal Injury Claim Worth?
If you have a personal injury claim, it’s only reasonable that you are curious about how much your claim is worth. Unfortunately, there is no way to give you an idea of how much your case is worth without engaging in a thorough review of the facts of your case and your accident-related losses. Some personal injury cases are worth a few thousand dollars, and others are worth several million.
These factors will determine how much compensation you recover include:
- The nature, severity, and extent of your injuries
- Your prognosis
- Your occupation
- Whether you can return to work
- Whether you were partially at fault for your accident
- Whether the at-fault party’s conduct was particularly egregious
- The at-fault party’s insurance policy limits
Seeking Damages After an Accident in Port Richey
Injury accidents often result in large medical bills. In addition, injured accident survivors are unable to work and provide for their families. These lost wages make it difficult to pay utility bills and rent. As such, injured accident survivors and their families can quickly get into serious financial trouble that quickly exhausts PIP policies. For example, a car accident survivor who suffers a serious brain injury may need $3 million just to pay medical expenses and care. This does not include lost wages or vehicle damages.
In general, injured accident victims can seek both economic and non-economic damages after a car accident. Economic damages are those damages that result in economic losses. They include medical bills, lost wages, loss of future earnings, and rehabilitation expenses. Non-economic damages are more difficult to quantify and include pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and loss of enjoyment in life. In some cases, the courts may award punitive damages to punish the negligent party for their carelessness.
When you meet with our attorneys, we can review the details of your case and help you determine what damages you can seek. Every injury case is unique and we know that each individual needs different types of damages. That is why we work with you and medical experts to make sure you get the money you need both now – and in the future. We want to be sure you have the compensation you need to tackle any injury complications.
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Port Richey
Florida is a no-fault state. That means that if you suffer an injury, even if you are not to blame, you must use your personal injury protection policy first. All Florida drivers must carry PIP policies to help them pay their medical expenses and damages. Unfortunately, even collecting from your insurance policy is difficult. We help injured accident survivors file claims with their PIP policies and explore their legal options for filing lawsuits against at-fault entities.
After you exhaust your PIP policy, you can file a personal injury lawsuit to help you collect the money you need. To do this, you must prove who is to blame for the accident and your injuries.
Establishing negligence and liability involves proving several elements:
- The responsible party owed you a duty of care
- They acted negligently and breached this duty of care
- The breach led to your accident and injuries
- You suffered damages as a result
At Nicoletti Accident Injury Lawyers, our personal injury attorneys know that proving negligence often involves extensive investigation. We dig deep into your accident to uncover all liable parties. That’s because we know that in many cases, multiple parties share the blame. For example, the bar or restaurant that served the drunk driver may share the blame for a drunk driving accident. Or a trucking company may share the blame with the truck driver for a serious truck accident.
During our investigation, our attorneys will:
- Examine police reports
- Review medical records
- Interview eyewitnesses
- Speak with medical experts
- Employ accident reconstruction teams
- Examine the crash site and crash damage
- Review and collect black box data
We use the data collected during our investigation to build a solid case to obtain maximum compensation for your injuries.
How You Can Help Win Your Personal Injury Case
Injured accident survivors always want to know how they can help win their case. You take the first step towards winning your case when you hire our law firm. We will handle your claims and make sure you do not miss any critical deadlines.
However, injured accident survivors can take other steps to help their cases, including:
- Report your accident. In Florida, drivers must report all accidents to the police. You must stay at the scene of the crash and call 911, as required in section 316.065 of the Florida Statutes if your accident:
- Resulted in an injury or fatality
- Involved a hit and run driver
- Involved a driver under the influence
- Requires a wrecker to remove vehicles
- Involved a commercial vehicle
- Resulted in at least $500 worth of vehicular damage
- Do not accept a settlement. Even if you believe the insurance company’s offer is fair, you may not realize the true extent of your injuries. In most cases, the insurance company’s first offer is their lowest offer. Do not accept a settlement without first speaking to our law firm.
- Do not admit fault. If the insurance company requests a recorded statement, you can politely decline. They will use anything to reduce their liabilities. Even a simple, “I’m sorry” is often twisted to show that you admitted fault.
- Document all medical expenses and keep receipts. Keep all medical bills and receipts – even over-the-counter medications. This will help your attorney determine how much compensation you need.
- Follow a treatment plan. It is important to follow your doctor’s treatment plan exactly. Be sure to fill all prescription medication and attend all therapy sessions. If you do not follow the treatment plan, the insurance company will use this to show that you did not suffer significant injuries.
- Do not post on social media. It is important to avoid posting anything on social media before you reach a personal injury case settlement. Avoid specifically posting about the accident, your injuries, or vehicular damage.
Our Port Richey Office Location and Headquarters
Nicoletti Accident Injury Lawyers has our Port Richey law office and headquarters located at the following address. Feel free to come by our office to speak with an attorney for free or contact us to schedule an appointment for a no-cost consultation of your Port Richey injury claim.
Port Richey Personal Injury FAQ
There is no lack of injury hazards in Port Richey. Every day, people are injured in incidents like car accidents, slip and fall accidents, medical malpractice, and accidents caused by defective products. It is essential to know what to do after an accident so that you can protect your legal rights throughout the claims process, and the experienced Port Richey personal injury attorneys at Nicoletti Accident Injury Lawyers are here to help.
Where are accidents more likely to happen in Port Richey?
Though an accident can happen anywhere, there are some places in and around Port Richey where accidents are more likely to occur. Auto accidents will occur where traffic is heavy. Always take care when traveling in congested downtown areas, such as New Port Richey Main Street, the Port Richey Waterfront, and Route 19. Pedestrians are also common in these areas, and those on foot need to be aware of their surroundings.
Unfortunately, recreational areas can also be sites of accidents. You might be injured in a boating or jet ski accident, or have a slip and fall while hiking on a dangerous trail.
Popular recreational areas in Port Richey include:
- The Werner-Boyce Salt Springs State Park
- The Jay B. Starkey Wilderness Park
- Sims Park
- Brasher Park
- Oelsner Park
- The Robert K. Rees Memorial Park
- The Lake Lisa Park.
These popular recreational spots can provide enjoyment and fun for your family and loved ones. However, if you sustain an injury from an accident, be sure to consult with a personal injury lawyer right away.
What types of auto accidents occur in Port Richey?
Negligent drivers are legally responsible for compensating victims who are injured by their negligence. Like other states, the law requires drivers to carry auto insurance with a minimum amount of liability coverage in Florida.
Here are just some of the many things a driver could do to be found negligent:
- Driving while under the influence of drugs, alcohol or prescription medication
- Driving while using a mobile device, navigation system or built-in entertainment system
- Driving while distracted by pets or children in the vehicle
- Eating or drinking while driving
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Improper left turns in a busy intersection
- Improper right turns on a red light
- Failing to yield the right of way to a pedestrian or bicyclists
- Failing to control speed to avoid a collision
- Driving faster than is safe for current conditions (especially when the road is wet or visibility is low)
- Unsafe lane changes
The driver who is legally responsible for causing an accident (known as being liable) also has to compensate the victims of that accident for their injuries. Insurance companies start by investigating to determine which driver was at fault for the accident. There are many ways your personal injury lawyer can prove liability.
A traffic citation issued by a police officer at the scene of the accident is strong evidence that the driver was violating traffic laws and was therefore negligent. Even when the at-fault driver receives no citation for a traffic or criminal violation, your lawyer can still prove that the driver was not driving with reasonable caution.
What should I do if I sustain an injury on the job in Port Richey?
After a workplace injury, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention for any injury you have sustained. If your injuries are severe enough, you may need the assistance of an ambulance. Regardless of whether or not you need transportation, you should still be seen by a doctor at an urgent care facility or an emergency room as soon as possible.
Even if you do not think you are badly hurt, you could have latent injuries that can only be diagnosed by a doctor. Some of these conditions, such as internal bleeding, can quickly become life-threatening if they don’t receive treatment right away. It is also important to document your injuries and treatment as evidence for the legal claims you will file later.
Hiring a personal injury attorney following a workplace accident that left you injured is crucial. Your employer might tell you that the company will handle the claim, but allowing the company to take the lead is not in your best interest. Remember that the company is the insured party and has a financial stake in your claim. You should never take legal advice from the opposing party (in this case, your employer).
A personal injury or workers’ compensation attorney will help you fill out the appropriate claims forms. The attorney will also protect your legal right to compensation by taking over communications with the insurance company, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
What should I do if I suspect Port Richey nursing home abuse or neglect?
Southern Florida is a popular retirement destination for people throughout the country. Because the area is so popular, there is a large population of elderly residents, a significant portion of which reside in nursing homes. These vulnerable individuals need protection from nursing home abuse and neglect.
Florida has enacted elder protection laws that apply strict criminal penalties to those who commit financial, physical, or sexual abuse against an elderly victim. These laws also provide financial penalties for the facilities that allow these acts to happen while elderly residents are under their care. By enforcing these laws, victims and their families are not only protecting their own legal rights, they are making Florida a safer place for other elderly residents.
If you suspect that a loved one is the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, contact an experienced lawyer right away. A lawyer can advise you on the best way to protect your elderly loved one and how to collect evidence of the abuse or neglect. An attorney will also form the legal strategy to protect your loved one’s rights under elder protection laws, personal injury laws, and other applicable Florida statutes. Filing a complaint against the facility could be an essential step to take, or even pressing criminal charges against the perpetrator.
When a case involves many different components, it is vital to work with an attorney who understands how each part moves, so that the whole case can come together for a favorable result.
How can a Port Richey personal injury lawyer protect my legal rights?
Some accident victims choose to handle their personal injury claims without an attorney. You have the right to do this, but doing so would most likely work against your interest. Injury victims without an attorney consistently receive lower settlements than those who have a lawyer.
An injury victim with no experience in personal injury claims might not know how to prove the value of their pain, suffering, and other intangible losses, whereas a seasoned personal injury lawyer has experience in presenting these losses persuasively to claims adjusters and jurors. An attorney will also know how your case compares to comparable injury cases, a useful reference when determining the fairness of a settlement offer from the insurance company.
Insurance companies will take steps to pay as little money as possible for a claim. Suppose the company suspects that you are exaggerating your injuries. In that case, they may hire a private investigator to follow you to your workplace and home, hoping to gather evidence proving you are not as injured as you claim to be. The investigator may focus on getting photos or videos of you engaging in a physical activity that your injuries should have prevented.
For example, if you claim that you can’t play sports due to a painful arm injury, the investigator might try to get footage of you lifting groceries out of your car to prove that you can, in fact, use your arm. Personal injury lawyers have experience with insurance company tactics.
An attorney can prevent you from saying something to the insurance company that could hurt your claim. Once the insurance company discovers that you have secured representation, all communication about the claim must go through your attorney’s office. Injury victims who do not hire a lawyer must speak with the insurance company frequently.
The company may request the victim provide a recorded statement about how the accident happened. They will be asked about their injuries and invited to say all sorts of things that could be misrepresented by the insurance company to reduce the value of the claim. Avoid this scenario by hiring a personal injury lawyer so that the lawyer can be present for any deposition you give.
These are just a few of the many things a personal injury lawyer can do to protect your claim. An injury victim will not know all the tactics that an insurance company will use to reduce the value of their claims, which further emphasizes why it is so important to work with an experienced lawyer who knows exactly how to protect your legal right to compensation.
How much do your Port Richey personal injury lawyers cost?
After a serious, accident-causing injury, you’re right to feel concerned about how much it will cost to retain an attorney to represent you. Fortunately, at Nicoletti Accident Injury Lawyers, we work with our clients on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not have to pay anything up-front for legal representation and that we will never collect legal fees unless we successfully recover compensation on your behalf.
Call Us Today for a Free Consultation With Our Port Richey Personal Injury Attorneys
Injury victims have legal rights that must be protected, and the insurance company will not protect these rights. Work with an experienced attorney who can skillfully defend your right to compensation.
The Port Richey personal injury lawyers at Nicoletti Accident Injury Lawyers have helped many Florida injury victims get the compensation they deserve. Call us for your free consultation. We fight hard to protect your legal rights so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Port Richey Emergency Rooms
Several emergency rooms and urgent care centers serve Pasco County and the Port Richey area. A few include:
- Morton Plant North Bay Hospital- Emergency Center: 6600 Madison St, Port Richey, FL 34652
- Urgent Care of New Port Richey: 8428 Little Rd, New Port Richey, FL 34654
- BayCare Urgent Care: 4821 US-19, New Port Richey, FL 34652
If you suffered serious harm due to someone else’s negligence or wrongful actions in Port Richey, seek immediate medical attention and contact Nicoletti Accident Injury Lawyers as soon as you are able.
*Disclaimer – Nicoletti Accident Injury Lawyers does not endorse these medical providers, nor do we profit from having them listed on our website.
Port Richey Courthouses
- Pasco County Judicial Department: 7530 Little Rd #106, New Port Richey, FL 34654
- New Port Richey Courthouse: New Port Richey, FL 34656-0338