Whenever you are involved in a car accident, we highly recommend that you call the police. But sometimes, due to a variety of reasons, the police will not come out to the scene. Just because they do not come out does not mean that you do not have a claim nor does it mean that you should not gather the necessary information. In that situation, you need to do exactly what the police officer would do.
1. Gather the other party’s information. This includes their name, address, phone number, license plate number, insurance provider and policy number. We suggest that you take a picture of the other party’s driver’s license and insurance card just in case there is a transcription issue.
2. Take pictures of everything. Take pictures of your car, the other party’s car, the street signs where the accident took place, the scene at the accident, and anything else you may find relevant.
3. Gather any passenger’s information if there is a passenger. Ask for the passenger's name, address, phone number, and take a picture of their license.
4. Gather any witnesses’ information. Ask their name, address, phone number, and take a picture of their license. Also, see if they will text you their account of the accident.
5. Write down what you remember. When you have a moment soon after the accident, make sure to write down your account of the accident and date it.
We Can Help
After an auto accident, the Personal Injury Attorneys of the Nicoletti Law Firm want to assist you with getting the compensation you deserve. The more information we have is the faster that we can get the process started for you. However, do not feel that just because you do not have a piece of information, we cannot assist you. Our attorneys are always willing to help. We will do everything we can to find that information so we can obtain justice for you.
As always, if you have any questions about the strength of your claim, feel free to give us a call anytime or fill our Free Case Evaluation Form. Our experienced attorneys are available 24/7 and we offer a FREE consultation where an attorney will go over your claim with you at no cost. We have helped clients all throughout Florida obtain recoveries and we look forward to assisting you!