WHAT YOU SHOULD DO AFTER A SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT
We at the Nicoletti Law Firm understand that a slip and fall accident can cause a substantial amount of injury which could lead to large medical bills, the loss of wages, and pain and suffering. Here are a few simple tips that we recommend if you or someone you know is involved in a slip and fall accident.
1. Seek medical attention. The most important thing is your health. If you feel any pain, make sure to be seen by a doctor to make sure those issues are addressed properly and do it at your earliest convenience. It is also important that your injuries are properly documented as medical records can be important evidence if you decide to file a claim and seek compensation.
2. File a report. Wherever the accident occurs, make sure to contact the proper party whether it be a manager, landlord, or owner, and file a written report about the accident. Make sure to obtain a copy of that report.
3. Take pictures of the scene. As they say, pictures are worth 1000 words. Make sure to take pictures of EXACTLY where the accident occurred as well as the surrounding area. Also, take note of exactly what you were doing prior to the accident as well as what shoes and clothing you were wearing.
4. Gather the names and contact information of any witnesses. Witness statements are important as they can add substantial validity to your claim. Be sure to write down their full name and telephone numbers so they can be contacted for any questions.
5. Do not make any statements. It is best to be brief and not answer any questions in detail about the accident until first consulting counsel. Do not post any information or photos on social media either.
6. Consult an attorney. You deserve to be compensated for any medical bills and lost wages that you have incurred in addition to any pain and suffering. Let an attorney advocate on your behalf so you can maximize your recovery.
The Nicoletti Law Firm is always there for you 24/7. If you have any questions about a slip and fall accident or would like to pursue a claim, call us TODAY at (727) 845-5972. We offer a FREE no-obligation consultation where an attorney will go over your claim with you at NO cost. Stay safe all!