Tips for Halloween and Trick-Or-Treating
At the Nicoletti Law Firm, safety is our number 1 concern, especially on a holiday such as Halloween. Children all across the country embark on an evening of fun collecting treats from door to door in festive costume. But, even though Halloween is a very fun holiday, safety should still be a top priority. Therefore, we wanted to provide tips that you and your children should consider before going out on this year’s fun-filled Halloween.
1. Plan your route and go to neighborhoods that you are familiar with.
2. Carry a flashlight and/or glow sticks.
3. Do not let young children trick or treat alone.
4. Drive slowly in residential areas that may contain a lot of trick-or-treaters.
5. When crossing, use street signals and crosswalks. Do not enter the road until it is safe to do so.
6. Make sure your child knows never to enter a stranger’s home.
7. Walk, do not run. Halloween is a fun time. Children should take the time to enjoy it.
8. Have your child carry a cell phone or walkie-talkie, especially if they are going out trick-or-treating on their own. Make sure they have the ringer on so they can be gotten a hold of easily.
9. Stay in a group with people you know.
10. If a wand, cane, or sword is a part of your child’s costume, make sure it is not sharp and that they know not to hit or poke other children with it.
11. Carry a flashlight and/or glow sticks.
12. Make sure your child does not get overheated in their costume.
13. Use the sidewalk when there is one available.
14. Wear bright clothing. Use reflective stickers and tape on dark costumes and treat bags.
15. Be careful with certain masks.
16. Make sure your child is not allergic to any face paint or costume materials.
17. Watch the weather report.
18. Check your child’s candy. Make sure they do not eat any candy until they return home.
19. Watch for beware of dog signs.
20. Have fun! Halloween is a great holiday and should be a good time for everyone!
We Are Here For You!
Halloween is one of our favorite holidays at Nicoletti Law Firm. However, accidents do happen. If you or someone you know may need legal assistance, please feel free to contact our office at (727) 845-5972. We have convenient office locations in Port Richey, Zephyrhills, and can meet by appointment at our Tampa location. We serve clients in those locations and in surrounding areas throughout Florida. We hope that you and your family have a great time and most importantly, a safe one! Enjoy!