If you are injured by either while riding in an Uber as a passenger or if you are hit by a vehicle driven by an Uber driver, you may have a claim. However, it may be your first time getting into an accident and you may not know some of the steps that you should take. Therefore, here are a few suggestions you should consider in you are involved in a Port Richey Uber Accident.
1. Take a deep breath and gather your thoughts.
2. Check to make sure that you are not severely injured.
3. Once you check yourself, check on others involved in the accident including in your Uber and in the other car if there is one involved. If someone is injured, unless you are properly trained, be sure not to give any medical aid.
4. Call 911 to report any serious injuries and/or damage to vehicles. Often, it is better to be safe than sorry. If someone may seem hurt, it is better to call and have emergency medical professionals come out to verify their condition. Also, if they are available, it is crucial to have the police come out to document what happened during the Uber accident.
5. Collect all contact information from the Uber driver, anyone in your car, and anyone in the other car if there is one. Make sure to gather all insurance information from all drivers as well. Typically, if the police come to the accident, an officer will take everyone’s information and will give each person involved in the Uber accident an information exchange form. Make sure to keep track of that document.
6. Collect the contact information of any witnesses including their names, phone numbers, and addresses.
7. Take pictures of the damage of the vehicle you are in and if there is another vehicle or vehicle involved, take photos of those other vehicles as well.
8. When you get home, be sure to take pictures of any visible injuries such as bumps, bruises, scrapes, and cuts. Pictures are worth 1000 words and can further prove your injuries.
9. Write down exactly what happened during the accident. As time goes on, the memories of what happened can fade and small details can be forgotten. Details are very important.
10. If you feel any type of pain after the Uber accident, schedule an appointment with a qualified and experienced medical provider. Even if you do not feel pain immediately after the Uber accident, it is in your best interested to see a medical provider just to rule out any potential medical issues. Your health is important.
11. Contact a competent and experienced Uber Accident Attorney. Often, the process can be not only stressful but also difficult when dealing with insurance companies, especially when you are trying to get better. Call an Uber Accident Attorney that will do the heavy lifting with the insurance companies so all you have to worry about is becoming healthy once more.
We Are Local!
Our Port Richey office is located right near US 19 on Ridge Road. If you have been involved in an Uber Accident in Port Richey or a surrounding area and you cannot make it to us, do not worry. We will travel to wherever is convenient to you at no cost. We offer a FREE no-obligation consultation where a qualified Uber Accident Attorney will meet with you and will discuss your claim.
[wpseo_map id="3703" width="300" height="200" zoom="-1" map_style="roadmap" scrollable="1" draggable="1" show_route="0" show_state="0"]
Port Richey Uber Accident Attorneys
If you have been in an Uber Accident in Port Richey call the Uber Accident Attorneys of the Nicoletti Law Firm today. You deserve to be compensated for your injuries and you should not be solely liable for medical expenses nor should you miss out on wages. You can contact the Nicoletti Law Firm anytime at (727) 845-5972 or you can fill out our Free Case Evaluation Form. Our attorneys are available to you 24/7. Our testimonials, reviews, and results speak for themselves. No matter the size of the case, we treat every client the same and our primary goal is to obtain justice for you. Stay safe everyone!